Thursday, March 10, 2011

Grandma goodie revamp

a couple years ago (I think when Gabrielle was 6, so 4 years) my Grandma made Gabrielle some skirts. She loved them and wore them tons, recently she went though her closet and took out the skirts. Gabrielle was really sad and it made me sad too. I love when my kids wear things my Grandma made, because we all think of her when they wear them. So of course we would have saved it for the other girl, but I started thinking why wait!  I put some simple straps on it and wallah a dress.
Alysabelle loves it, and when she outgrows it we will remove the straps and she will have a skirt.
this skirt/ dress is so cute. once upon a time it had butterflies attached on the bottom too. They are long gone but I love all the Ric-rack that I know my Grandma stitched on by hand with love! Love you Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment